Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tabletop Christmas tree

Christmas time is approaching fast, so I started a list on things I needed to decorate with, when I realized I needed a centerpiece. As a cheapskate, I needed to come up with an idea on how to decorate my table for Christmas dinner for very little. Since Evergreens are a big part of Christmas decorating I took this idea and ran with it 

When it comes to real evergreens, it's best to shop in Autumn during planting season for trees. So I went out and bought a 2 qt. potted dwarf Alberta spruce for $8 at my local gardening center (Lowes) in October. I  kept it in it's original pot and decorated it for the centerpiece. What you do is put a small, snug plastic container underneath the potted evergreen, for drainage. Take some fabric, if you don't have fabric you can use wrapping paper, large enough to wrap around the pot to look like a tree skirt. You just go about decorating the tree with small ornaments and ribbon or star on top. If you want to take it a step further, add a string of battery operated lights. During early spring you can plant the evergreen to decorate outside for future holidays. You can even wait till it's full grown to cut down as your main Christmas tree for the living room. If you're willing to spend a few dollars more, you can buy a little larger potted tree and place it on it's own table and use it as your main tree in the living room.

There you go fast and cheap.


 I have this project and other Christmas ideas on a budget in my ebook " Having a Very Merry Christmas on a Budget" available on Kindle and Kindle apps.


Thanks for stopping by, Become a Fan and follow My blog for more fun ideas~ Thank you, Carleen

 Follow Carleen's Crafty Kitchen on Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment