Saturday, July 6, 2013

Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream


Being it's the beginning of July and the heat is going up with it, my family has the taste for ice cream. Well then again my hubby has that craving all year long for ice cream, but more so during the summer. I don't even remember where I got this recipe, but I have it and no one is going to let me forget it.


The ingredients are simple

16oz  Whipped Cream
16 oz Frozen Strawberries, partially thawed
1 egg white
1/2 cup sugar

In a metal bowl to a standing mixer you put the partially thawed frozen strawberries, egg white and sugar.  Beat on med-low speed with the wire whisk attachment for 20 minutes, or until fluffy.

Place the whipped cream in a large bowl and FOLD the strawberry mixture in, DO NOT stir, if you stir you will deflate the whipped cream and deflate the egg/strawberry mixture, you don't want this since it gives the ice cream  the smoothness.



Once fully combined you place the ice cream mixture in plastic containers and freeze for 4 hours before serving.

If you want extra strawberries in yours, double everything except the whipping cream 

Thanks for stopping by, Become a Fan and follow My blog for more fun ideas~ Thank you, Carleen

 Follow Carleen's Crafty Kitchen on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment